What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on user device when a website is visited.
Cookies can either be a session cookie or a persistent cookie. Session cookies are deleted from user device when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies will remain stored on user device until deleted or until they expire.
A user can always block the usage of a cookie or request permission each time a cookie is being stored by changing the browser settings. Bear in mind that such changes may limit the use of the website in part or in full.
Yes, Borgun uses persistent cookies to track users' visits to Borgun´s websites, to improve the user experience, to protect Borgun´s websites against unauthorised usage and for fraud prevention, manage language settings and more. Borgun also uses session cookies which only last for as long as current visit to the website or until the browser is closed.
What information does Borgun collect by using cookies?
At each visit to Borgun’s websites, Borgun might automatically collect any of the following information:
- User´s Internet protocol address (IP)
- Time zone settings
- Operating system and browser
- The URL the user came from
- User´s country
- Search terms the user used on our site
- Products the user viewed or searched for
- Page response time
- Download errors
- Length of visits to certain pages
- Information about interactive pages such as views, clicks, and mouse-over
- Methods used when leaving the site
To find out more about cookies visit All about cookies